The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Softnet White Filter is a softening filter meant to replicate the look of draping silk over the lens in order to soften or diffuse light. This filter works by scattering light entering the lens through a mesh pattern, resulting in an overall soft glow. The white distinction provides even diffusion and lessening of contrast within the scene.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm.
- Simulates the effect of placing fabric in front of the lens to soften the overall image quality.
- White distinction provides more diffusion and lessening of contrast within the scene to create a more glowing appearance.
- Mesh pattern helps to break up the light and smooth out fine textures.
- Softens Skin and Blemishes
- Lessens Contrast For Even Appearance
- Diffusion Filter Creates Glow Effect
- ColorCore Technology