The Tokina Cinema Vista 16-28mm II T3.0 is a wide-angle zoom lens that covers full-frame sensors and is designed to provide sharp images even when recording images at 8K resolution. Featuring a parfocal design and a T3.0 aperture throughout its zoom range, the lens holds focus throughout the zoom range and does not ramp exposure as you get to the extremes of the zoom range. The lens design also reduces the breathing and image shift sometimes encountered while zooming and focusing. It uses aspherical elements and super-low dispersion glass in its optical design for optimal color correction and minimal distortion.
Sharing features with the Tokina Cinema Vista primes helps to provide a consistent look when swapping between lenses. The 9-bladed iris is shared among the lenses and produces attractive bokeh in out-of-focus areas, with naturalistic-looking out of focus highlights. The focus, iris, and zoom control rings have cine-style 0.8 Mod gears, and the focus ring features approximately 300 degrees of rotation, which matches the focus rotation on the Cinema Vista primes. The 16 to 28 zoom features a 114mm front diameter that is also in common with the Cinema Vista primes making for fewer adjustments to accessories when swapping lenses. The lens has a built-in 1/4"-20 support foot that helps support the lens with the aid of an optional 1/4"-20 rod-mounted lens support (not included).
- Wide-angle T3 manual-focus zoom lens
- Parfocal lens design maintains focus while zooming
- Covers full-frame 35mm sensors, images are suitable for 8K capture
- Reduced breathing and image shifting while zooming or focusing
- T3.0 aperture does not ramp during zoom
- Aspherical, SLD (super-low dispersion) glass elements optimize color correction and reduce distortion
- Clickless 9-bladed iris for precise exposure control and attractive bokeh
- 114mm front diameter is compatible with most matte boxes
- Cine-style lens housing is designed for use with follow focus systems