About Tiffen Black Pearlescent Filter
Responding to the demands of cinematographers, Tiffen's Black Pearlescent® filters aid cinematographers in taking the edge off the image from modern digital lenses and cameras, especially with 4K acquisition sensors specifically in mind to enhance the natural beauty of talent.
Black Pearlescent filters offer all of the benefits of the original Pearlescent filters, while adding a slightly reduced halo effect on spectacular highlights, and gently softening the overall image with a smooth glow. Today's increased in-camera sharpness and contrast can sometimes show intense detail, and it's here where the Black Pearlescent filter's look comes into its own.
This Version with a 1/16 Density.
Tiffen Black Pearlescent Filter Features
- Creates a special "atmosphere" by softening excess sharpness and lowering of contrast
- Generates a reduced pearlescent halo around highlights
- Lighter grades help tone down the excessive sharpness and contrast
- Maintains apparent focus
- Often used to mute colors for exquisite pastel tones
- Made from water white glass