The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Fog Filter simulates the effects of natural fog or mist by creating a soft glow around highlights and lowering the overall contrast of the scene. There can also be a softening effect due to how the light interacts with the subject matter.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm.
- Provides a fog-like effect with glowing highlights and lowered overall contrast.
- Does not require exposure compensation to make up for filter effect.
Tiffen Fog Filter Features
- The Fog Filter Mimics the effect of natural fog
- Creates a soft glow and flare
- Produces a warm romantic tone
- Lighter grades take the edge off excess contrast and sharpness
- Heavier grades create unnatural effects, as in a fantasy sequence or a dreamlike aura of mystery
- The Double Fog Filter Produces a more natural heavy fog effect where objects remain sharper and contrast is substantially reduced