The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Softnet Black Filter is a softening filter meant to replicate the look of draping silk over the lens in order to soften or diffuse light. This filter works by scattering light entering the lens through a mesh pattern, resulting in an overall even, soft glow. The black distinction helps to maintain the overall contrast of the scene by reducing the overall spread of light into the shadows.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm.
- Simulates the effect of placing fabric in front of the lens to soften the overall image quality.
- Black distinction helps to maintain the general contrast and restore density to darker regions of the image.
- Mesh pattern helps to break up the light and smooth out fine textures.
- Softens Skin and Blemishes
- Maintains Contrast and Blacks in Shadows
- Diffusion Filter Creates Glow Effect
- ColorCore Technology