The Schneider Black Frost Filter flares highlights, mutes colors, and tones down contrast, while retaining rich blacks. This is a very useful combination of effects for 16mm and 35mm film, as well as for HD and standard video. This filter is primarily for styling or mood-modifying.
Black Frost filters enable cinematographers to capture blacker blacks than possible with similar type filters. Shooters achieve a unique image styling that can be applied freely, without fear of having scenes appear heavy-handed.
These filters contain thousands of MicroPore particles, which introduce precise amounts of light diffraction while controlling stray light and flare - like never before.
MicroPore particles control the degree of diffusion in a predictable and repeatable manner. By eliminating excessive light scatter and veiling glare associated with other makes, Black Frost filters enable extraordinary control and convenience.
Black Frost filters are available in strengths from 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2-with 2 having the greatest effect.
- Depending on the grade chosen, Black Frosts subtly enhance a scene without degrading the image quality or black saturation.
- Black Frost enables cinematographers to capture blacker blacks than are possible with similar types of filters.
- Black Frost filters are made using a remarkable diffusion technology, to achieve a unique image styling that can be applied freely, without fear of having scenes appear "heavy-handed".
- By solving the problems of excessive light scatter and veiling glare associated with similar filters, Schneider Black Frost filters make possible a higher level of control and convenience.
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism.
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect.