- Subtly Lowers Detail Resolution
- Smooths Out Blemishes and Wrinkles
- Reduces Contrast and Controls Highlights
- ColorCore Technology
- Glass Construction
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Black Satin Filter can be applied to purposely reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles while providing an intentional warming effect with granularity over an entire image. This can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject while highlights are softened, contrast is reduced, and textures are given a smoother appearance. Additionally, halations around highlights are created which can further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect while overall sharpness is maintained.
Grades of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
This filter is constructed from water white glass for increased clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Softens contrast and highlights
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of textures while maintaining overall sharpness
- Creates halation effect around highlights
- Intentional warming effect with granularity over an entire image
- Constructed from water white glass for optical clarity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport