The horizontal Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Attenuator Color Graduated Neutral Density Filter is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 4mm-thick, 4 x 5.65" rectangular filters. It is densest across one of its 5.65" edges, which corresponds to a reduction of light entering a lens by 1 stop and tapers to clear at the opposite edge. This landscape-format, 5.65"-wide gradation can be used to selectively darken an image from edge to edge, allowing for wider apertures or reduced shutter speeds. While this filter's density can be applied to bright skies, the remaining regions of the image are exposed with a progressively decreasing effect.
This filter is constructed using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 4mm-thick, 4 x 5.65" rectangular filters
- Densest across one of its 5.65" edges, which corresponds to a reduction of light entering a lens and tapers to clear at the opposite edge
- Landscape-format, 5.65"-wide gradation darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while the remaining regions of the image are exposed with a progressively decreasing effect
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport
- Graduated Effect over Entire Image
- Edge-to-Edge Exposure Reduction
- Landscape Format, 5.65"-Wide Gradation
- No Line of Transition